Author Topic: TV Streaming  (Read 188 times)

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TV Streaming
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:04:13 AM »
Figured I'd make this thread for TV streaming devices and news.  Kind of like Apple TV or Chromecast type of stuff.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TV Streaming
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 10:26:53 PM »
I'm noticing most videos I want to stream on my Chromecast don't have a cast button.  Mostly i'm assuming the buttons are disabled from the carrier for licensing reasons.  I usually find the video and cast via Chrome and make the video the same size of the video and my TV looks generally fine.  Anyone have any idea to force the actual cast function like casting a YouTube video?  I even have trouble with casting my SlingBox (not the same as SlingTV) app to m Chromecast even though its supported.  My best educated guess it a signal strength issue but this seems to be a common issue known by the SlingBox community.  I have written and found articles again and again about this.  I have found work arounds that are stable but super annoying for the average user.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:53:30 AM »
You guys use free streaming stuff?  Like radio or TV online whether it be actual channels or online only channels.

EDIT: Found sport steaming.

I found Buffstream.com and Buffstreamz.com which steam a few sports for free but not sure how they're getting away with it lol.  I did check Buffstream.net which is actually alittle shady so I wouldn't that that one.  I did a WHOIS lookup on all three and the first two seems from the same owner and the .NET one has a blocked name with some .LA extension email address.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:12:00 PM by jdaniele »

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »
i know twitter has some streaming stuff for free and amazon streams nfl games thursday night
Thirty spokes are joined in the wheel's hub.
The hole in the middle makes it useful.

...the value comes from what is there,
But the use comes from what is not there.

-Tao Te Ching  chapter 11

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 07:52:47 PM »
Yea but I those are fully licenced lol.  Yes they definitely do do that.  They're trying to do more online to appeal to our generation.

Free Web Hosting