Author Topic: Flash support for multiable web browsers  (Read 139 times)

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Flash support for multiable web browsers
« on: November 29, 2017, 10:08:48 PM »
Ok so I've tested a few and I noticed with Chrome, Flash videos don't auto play. I've been reading up on it and noticed this is accurate and Google added that feature. Google actually plans to remove flash in the 2020s.

Edge - Supports Flash (via Windows Updates) and auto-plays
IE11 - Supports Flash (via Windows Updates) and auto-plays
Chrome - Supports Flash (via built-in) and doesn't auto-play
Firefox Quantum - Supports Flash (via NPAPI plugin) and doesn't auto-play
Opera - Supports Flash (via PPAPI plugin) and doesn't auto-play

The issue is with making logos or anything interactive we need the auto play function and I can't seem to fine much on it. I see a website here and there just use items like MPEG to perform the same function when needed. You can see my website as an explained at http://www.jeremydaniele.com and see that my title was built in Flash. It just looks ugly and users won't know they need to start it but in IE11 and Edge its fine. I'm sure this is why IE and Edge are preferred. Firefox was a program's ideal but not now.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Flash support for multiable web browsers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 05:37:14 AM »
Forgot to mention I was able to design this using the requirements put out by Google. It works so well now that it even works on mobile browsers!! I had to basically find a tool that will change the format to one of the three supported. Once it was converted I had to put in the code that it is muted. The muted command is the most important part. Once added it runs perfectly.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Free Web Hosting