Categories > General Discussion (Public)

SlingBox and Chromecast

(1/3) > >>

jdaniele:
I've been hearing a few including myself are having issues with casting Slingbox from smart devices to the Chromecast.  Biggest issue is signal strength but the Slingbox app also needs to be triggered so we've found killing all apps and opening it again does help.  Also starting screen mirroring then attempting the cast Slingbox app (switching from screen mirroring to just app) is pretty effective.  This is a well known issue and Slingbox has yet to comment or provide a solution.

jdaniele:
So it seems that Sling Media discontinues their public "community" section on 9/30/2017 and suggested to continue the discussion on Facebook....

andyassur:
google and amazon on at it again.
i d k if you know the back story on why amazon doesnt sell chromecasts or google home speaker?
google doesnt allow amazon's streaming service on the chromecast so amazon stopped selling them. now goolge in retaliation is blocking youtube on amazon's fire sticks.

jdaniele:

--- Quote from: andyassur on December 06, 2017, 08:42:25 AM ---google and amazon on at it again.
i d k if you know the back story on why amazon doesnt sell chromecasts or google home speaker?
google doesnt allow amazon's streaming service on the chromecast so amazon stopped selling them. now goolge in retaliation is blocking youtube on amazon's fire sticks.

--- End quote ---
Hahaha I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Just might piss off the consumer but I don't really use Amazon that much at all. Maybe once a year I'll buy a random item from Amazon or Ebay.

andyassur:

--- Quote from: jdaniele on December 06, 2017, 03:54:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: andyassur on December 06, 2017, 08:42:25 AM ---google and amazon on at it again.

--- End quote ---
Hahaha I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Just might piss off the consumer but I don't really use Amazon that much at all. Maybe once a year I'll buy a random item from Amazon or Ebay.

--- End quote ---

i use amazon all the time. i'm trying to migrate away from google. started useing duckduckgo.com and protonmail.com still heavily use my gmail account

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Free Web Hosting