Author Topic: BitCoin  (Read 1446 times)

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BitCoin
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:30 PM »
I thinking I'll throw in like $100 US$ and whatever BTC I have I'll hold until it hits about 100K-250K US$ per BTC then I'll sell but anything less its just seen as fun.
will you have weak hands if it hits 3000?

i think a head and shoulders is forming here in bitcoin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_and_shoulders_%28chart_pattern%29

i would be very carful. i'm advising people against it at this point.
i could be wrong.
but have you ever invested in anything before?
Yes I have some money in the market. I find it entertaining actually. I assume its all gone tomorrow but still know that one fact is that the market as a whole has always gone up over time. BTC would just be a small addition.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 08:24:28 PM »
You going to buy any at this point? I wanna get three different cryptos.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 09:44:39 AM »
my old neighbor is trying to get me into https://steemit.com/ which is a social media that has its own crypto attached to it. he claims its guaranteed be worth at least 1 usd. Daniel Larimer is connected to it. doing quick research he has alot do with EOS (the smart contracts programming in ethereum).  the bitcoin price chart still has a downward trend. i would still hesitate on jumping in, i think there is a better entry point. it needs to find some support and since it shot so high so fast; i dont really know where that entry point would be or where support would be.
Thirty spokes are joined in the wheel's hub.
The hole in the middle makes it useful.

...the value comes from what is there,
But the use comes from what is not there.

-Tao Te Ching  chapter 11

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 12:40:18 PM »
my old neighbor is trying to get me into https://steemit.com/ which is a social media that has its own crypto attached to it. he claims its guaranteed be worth at least 1 usd. Daniel Larimer is connected to it. doing quick research he has alot do with EOS (the smart contracts programming in ethereum).  the bitcoin price chart still has a downward trend. i would still hesitate on jumping in, i think there is a better entry point. it needs to find some support and since it shot so high so fast; i dont really know where that entry point would be or where support would be.
That website looks cool. Do you use it too? How well does it work and how can they afford to pay people for posts? Is it conditional?

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 09:47:50 AM »
That website looks cool. Do you use it too? How well does it work and how can they afford to pay people for posts? Is it conditional?

no i dont use it, my old neighbor, Dave does. he would really be the one to ask about it. maybe ill talk to him and link him here. hes a major bull on crypto.

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2018, 06:23:03 PM »
no i dont use it, my old neighbor, Dave does. he would really be the one to ask about it. maybe ill talk to him and link him here. hes a major bull on crypto.
I am really interested about BTC but only as another item in the portfolio. I generally love stop purchasing for long term. BTC doesn't actually have a physically liquidation value so alittle less exited about it but hey neither does precious metals and thats one of my largest investments.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2018, 07:24:49 AM »
I am really interested about BTC but only as another item in the portfolio. I generally love stop purchasing for long term. BTC doesn't actually have a physically liquidation value so alittle less exited about it but hey neither does precious metals and thats one of my largest investments.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox
when you buy precious metals you still own something physical.
you invest in precious metals? commodity trader or do you just by physical silver and gold?

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2018, 05:14:16 PM »
you invest in precious metals? commodity trader or do you just by physical silver and gold?
I own physical since its easier to move. Also its fun to hold and look at once and awhile lol.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2018, 01:49:49 PM »
I own physical since its easier to move. Also its fun to hold and look at once and awhile lol.

i own a small amount of sliver or goldthe problem with coins is that if you go to sell it they will give you about half of what it is worth. or your gonna have to hold and wait for someone to buy them

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2018, 01:52:55 PM »
i own a small amount of sliver or goldthe problem with coins is that if you go to sell it they will give you about half of what it is worth. or your gonna have to hold and wait for someone to buy them
If they only offer you half then they don't know how to sell and buy. I would bring spot pricing. Thats how its sold. I get they need to make a profit and I am ok with it but half isn't gonna do it. You can even sell on eBay if you want. People will buy.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2018, 07:44:03 AM »
if i were to buy any crypto right now its Ethereum. the price has gone out of sync with the rest of the crypto market. up 30% opposed to down 40% for the rest on coinbase. i actually just bought a $100 of it. it looks like its forming support around $995 which if it will hit that would be a $200 drop. there might be a better opportunity.

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »
if i were to buy any crypto right now its Ethereum. the price has gone out of sync with the rest of the crypto market. up 30% opposed to down 40% for the rest on coinbase. i actually just bought a $100 of it. it looks like its forming support around $995 which if it will hit that would be a $200 drop. there might be a better opportunity.
Hmmm I had my eye on litecoin but I'll keep looking for now. I still have my eye on other stocks so this has to be put in hold.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »
Hmmm I had my eye on litecoin but I'll keep looking for now. I still have my eye on other stocks so this has to be put in hold.
what stocks are you looking at?

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »
what stocks are you looking at?
I really wanted SNAP because I knew it was gonna boom one day but I feel like I'm gonna miss it. A few days after I posted this someone told me they jumped like 45 percent. It's still affordable but I wanted it cheaper.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2018, 06:03:51 AM »
I really wanted SNAP because I knew it was gonna boom one day but I feel like I'm gonna miss it. A few days after I posted this someone told me they jumped like 45 percent. It's still affordable but I wanted it cheaper.
i would pass on SNAP its not a profitable company, worth 23billion. twitter is a better investment right now. i'm waiting for the market to bottom before throwing money in. im socking away money right now and waiting, i think were in correction mode. the government shutdown will cause a drop in the markets like we have been seeing for the past few days.