Author Topic: BitCoin  (Read 1424 times)

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
BitCoin
« on: November 03, 2017, 02:14:53 PM »
Does anyone own BitCoin?  I have a small idea how it works but I never too the dive yet.  I want to have good access to information and found https://bitcointalk.org which actually is built on the same forum system as our forum.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
Re: BitCoin
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 08:48:53 PM »
i owned a small position in bitcoin sold right before the giant leg up at around 1000, still doubled my money. initial invest was about $80 sold it for $150. i honestly think it way overbought, but i've been wrong in investments before. selling nvda at $15 or selling amazon at $300 or selling apple at 270? pre 7 for 1 split. supposedly ether is the one to buy now. considering it contractable. so under certain circumstance, it would be paid if and only if x happens. if i were to dig back into the crypo's i would stay with the bigger names like bitcoin and ether and stay away from like the potcoin or the burgerking coin or tylor swift coin. when burgerking and taylor swift have coins it might be a bubble, not sure if it taylor swift or some other music icon i dont pay much attention to.
Thirty spokes are joined in the wheel's hub.
The hole in the middle makes it useful.

...the value comes from what is there,
But the use comes from what is not there.

-Tao Te Ching  chapter 11

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 09:06:10 AM »
Did you posses actual bitcoin currency?  I want to know how to obtain it.  I think I have the right tools but nervous to pull the trigger because of scamming.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 09:14:01 AM »
i owned bitcoins in coinbase wallet. i dont know if its a good invest here but like i said i've been very wrong several times.
https://www.coinbase.com/

i havent had to set up an accout in a while but its very complex. more complex then my bank accounts. i have to have an app on my phone authy to get a verification code to long into my account. along with my password.

this is the reason to buy Ethereum

Smart contract is just a phrase used to describe computer code that can facilitate the exchange of money, content, property, shares, or anything of value. When running on the blockchain a smart contract becomes like a self-operating computer program that automatically executes when specific conditions are met. Because smart contracts run on the blockchain, they run exactly as programmed without any possibility of censorship, downtime, fraud or third party interference.

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-ethereum/

i bitcoin doesnt have smart contracts

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:27:37 AM »
with an investment it is always best to believe that you missed some thing. i bought ddd 3d systems are $60 a share rode it up to $95 droped to $80 bought more. sold it at $25 trade some where around $8 a share now. another example ua or uaa underarmor  bought around $70 a share pre split made about 20% got out when to like 120. crashed like hell the last year. bought after it crashed at $25 and more at $15 now its at $10... is it still investable i d k but i'm not selling yet. any market does crazy things is bitcoin worth $7000 i d k do i think its a bubble maybe. but its better to invest then to not invest, i like investing in pull backs and crashes. its not my type of investment yet. i think ethereum is the better one. if i were to invest here i would put a small position on now and wait. small position for me would be about $100. then if it doubles from here take half off and let the rest run, your then playing with the house's money. if it get cut in half maybe it the end of it or maybe it a buying opportunity.

there is an investment saying that goes like this. investing up until now was easy. it was easy to know bitcoin would goto $7000(or what ever company) but now, now is the hard part.

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 08:16:30 PM »
It's less about the investment and more about the ability to buy stuff with it.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 07:30:48 AM »
what are you going to buy bitcoins? something on tor?

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 11:11:08 AM »
I just want to know I can buy with it lol.  I hate when something technical exists and I don't understand it.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 07:25:34 PM »
what dont you understand?

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 09:46:53 AM »
what dont you understand?
I don't understand how you safely take physical US dollar and convert it to bitcoin.  Do you simply use that website you posted?  Someone suggested using a gift card to get the bitcoin.  Is this what you did?

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 07:16:21 PM »
no i open 2 accounts one i no longer use. coin base is what i have used. if you go there they will walk you threw it. it was complicated when i first opened account. i had to do a video of me with my credit card i think i was even on the phone with some one. that was the other site i forget how i opened my coinbase account. once its set up its very easy to exchange funds.

i really haven't had a problem with bitcoin. there are viruses for it. which i would be more concerned about but not very. on a podcast called the sunday morning linux review, they talked about it. it a malware or virus that waits for you to copy and paste bitcoin address in and put in a different address. just make sure you look at the address closely before you send your $30000 worth of bitcoins to someone.

i have no idea about the gift card idea. i was fine with my debt card, it was then linked to my bank account just like my brokerage accounts. if i see something wrong with any of my accounts i'd call right away. i haven't had an issues. only issues ive had is when i used tor all my bank accounts wanted me to change my passwords and my twitter account got hacked. dont download anything on tor is what i learned

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »
The issue to TOR is that it reroutes you to other countries so you get alerts like crazy.  I logged into my Facebook account via their .onion extension and I had to change my password on it.  I'm extremely careful with my internet habits so I'm like 98% sure that was it.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 05:20:21 AM »
i didnt log into my accounts on tor, i ran tor in a vm to isolate it. i downloaded some files off there, and i was getting alerts for days. that some one was logging into my twitter account. only way to get it to stop was to change my email address. and my brokerage account was having me change my password daily, i changed my user name and it stopped. i think it was a cookie session attack

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 06:04:19 AM »
Hmmm odd.  I hear its a great program, not sure.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 02:20:13 PM »
when you download any thing from tor your ipadress can leak out.