Author Topic: VPN Web Browsing  (Read 385 times)

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
VPN Web Browsing
« on: October 06, 2017, 01:50:12 AM »
By far one of my favorite is Tor.  "Tor's users employ this network by connecting through a series of virtual tunnels rather than making a direct connection, thus allowing both organizations and individuals to share information over public networks without compromising their privacy" meaning it bounces the website request all over the world to keep you hidden.  Although keep in mind that you do leave a trace that you're on the Tor network.

Tor Project: https://www.torproject.org/

Another one of the favorites is definitely Opera browser.  As a browser is pretty much the same as most but with its own design but they added the feature to enable VPN which bounces you around so you're hidden.  Once its open go to Menu > Settings > Privacy & security > VPN > then check "Enable VPN" to activate it.  It should start right away.  If you would like to test it go to Google homepage and simply type in the search box, "where am I" and see where it thinks you are.

Opera: http://www.opera.com/
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • andrewiassur.ddns.net
Re: VPN Web Browsing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:09:31 PM »
there are some problems with tor, like downloading files give away your ipaddress. i used tor a few times and ended up having to change all the passwords to all of my bank accounts. its not practical to use google while in the tor browser google flags it.
 i have used proton vpn, they have a free service, i wouldn't recommend logging into you bank information on threw any vpn that isn't at you house.
Thirty spokes are joined in the wheel's hub.
The hole in the middle makes it useful.

...the value comes from what is there,
But the use comes from what is not there.

-Tao Te Ching  chapter 11

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: VPN Web Browsing
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:02:40 PM »
there are some problems with tor, like downloading files give away your ipaddress. i used tor a few times and ended up having to change all the passwords to all of my bank accounts. its not practical to use google while in the tor browser google flags it.
 i have used proton vpn, they have a free service, i wouldn't recommend logging into you bank information on threw any vpn that isn't at you house.
Good to know.  Thanks for the heads up!
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Free Web Hosting